Whether resulting from a chronic condition, procedure or treatment, swelling in the arms and legs (lymphedema) can be debilitating and life altering. The good news is that Lymphedema is treatable with therapy. Allied Physicians is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care. As such we offer Certified Lymphedema Therapy. Certification is essential in developing the appropriate treatment plans and avoiding complications.
Complex Lymphedema Therapy (CLT) is an intensive focused therapy with significant restorative benefits:
- Mobilizes built up fluids in the tissue
- Restores function
- Reduces physical & psychological impacts
- Prevents skin & tissue deterioration & infection.
Care plans often involve:
- Therapy customized to your needs
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Patient education & advocacy
- Variety of compression options
- Skin care education
- Home maintenance routine
If your swelling hinders your activity, health or esteem, call to see if lymphedema therapy is appropriate for you.
Allied Physical Therapy
Amy McMahon, OTR, CHT